Thursday, March 24, 2011

Low-Fidelity Eulogy in D Minor

this has been a song idea for quite a while, even older than "purple kush"... i remembered it again last night when my dear Aunt Tita suddenly passed away in California... my sister in New York had called and told my Mother the sad news. all i could do was console my mother because she was crying and her voice was trembling.

it was difficult to sleep, and i had the urge to pick up my guitar and play anything... this is one of my many ways of saying goodbye to her. Mama Tita, wherever you are right now, i know you can read this: always remember that i love you... and i will miss you a lot.

p.s. it is ironic that tomorrow will be my kuya's wedding. life is indeed a cycle of joys and sorrows... and as we celebrate the joyful and mourn the sorrowful, we must go on - because that is the nature of life, our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment