Thursday, July 24, 2008

Bonding with Francis, Amy and Abet




this happened sometime in February 2007. it was a drinking session / heart-to-heart talk / friendly harutan affair, all rolled into one. i had not celebrated my 28th birthday in November 2006 because my then-girlfriend broke up with me, so i wasn't really in the mood to hear "happy birthday" sung to me. a couple of months and several long, emotional YM conversations later, three of my closest and trusted friends, Francis, Amy and Abet came over for some beer, lambanog, and sizzling adobong pusit. more importantly, they were there to give me a much-needed morale boost. this was also a belated 2-in-1 birthday celebration for me and Francis, who emailed these pictures earlier today.

kina Abet, Francis and Amy: maraming salamat. i will never forget this act of friendship mula sa inyo. rest assured, i'll make time for you whenever you need someone to talk to, or just listen to your problems, pangako yan.

kung hindi ako mukhang malungkot sa mga shots na ito, magaling lang siguro akong mag-kimkim ng sadness ko. it's one of my sorrowful mysteries, i guess. naalala ko tuloy ang sinabi ng isa kong kaibigan na nakilala ko during holy week that year: "smiling has always been easier than explaining why i am sad."

not all clowns are happy, my dear reader / viewer. and i'm speaking from experience.

but i'm still standing. and i'll pursue that elusive happiness, by hook or by crook. trust me.

7 comments:

  1. Not all clowns are happy, but only one tree in the whole philippines has a heart. Tama?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo, inaamin ko, saging lang ako! hahaha! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure..nalungkot ka nun..feeling durog..pero buo ka ngaun di ba? buo at malakas..yun ang importante.. :-) Cheers to all the hurts that make us strong & sensitive enough to see real joys in life.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. marami naman akong nakilalang mababait na tao pagkatapos ng panahong yan, na yung iba eh naging mga kaibigan ko. siguro, kung hindi nangyari yang disgrasyang yan sa akin, di ko makikilala ang mga ka-tropa ko sa RACE - kaya "blessing in the skies/blessing in disguise" din, di ba? basta ako, tuloy-tuloy lang...

    ReplyDelete
  5. to walk is what i always do
    but now i prefer not to look back to people who's no longer walking with me
    someone asked me 'why did you just let other people leave you?'
    then i answered:
    'life is a long journey..
    let's see who will be walking with me until the end of the road'

    wala lang :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks, Lanie. i agree that the journey is still long, and i just keep my head up to see who are those who would walk with me until the end of the road. sabi ko nga sa sarili ko, basta tuloy-tuloy lang ako - whether it's a good day, and especially if it's a bad day. lakad lang nang lakad, kasi di rin naman natin alam kung ano ang nasa dulo ng daan, di ba?

    ReplyDelete