Thursday, June 17, 2010

a song called Drown



i tried uploading this video earlier in my YouTube channel, but i had to make a shorter edit as the original exceeded 10 minutes. here's the original version, the URL of the YouTube edit, the original write-up as it appeared on my channel as well as the tags:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6P_tCFhdwA

this song is a pet project of mine, with the idea for the music starting as early as 1999 during my college days. along with my friends Alex and Kiko, we tried to make a basic arrangement of this song, with my chord progression, Alex's melody and Kiko's additional guitars. i told Alex the story about this girl friend i liked so much that i felt like i was drowning in her, and then he wrote the most amazing lyrics that hit the bull's eye - it was like he read my exact thoughts, how i was feeling. of course, he wrote in his channel that he's dedicating it to his "one," but i still say that he wrote my exact feelings in his lyrics. here's the original link in Alex's channel, as well as the lyrics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oiEvzaZ9ks

Intro

Verse 1:
Here I go again, I'm taking a path where no one else would go. I know it's killing me.
Just got my broken heart refixed for me. Well I don't care, when you are there.

Refrain 1:
I'm drowning in you. Swirling deep in your pool.
I'm lost but not a fool. I'm drowning in you.

Chorus 1:
Hey hear me out
Hey hear me out
There is no next time
Hey hear me out
I'm freezing like a fool. I'm drowning in you.

Interlude

Verse 2:
Hey there listen girl I know you will say what can never be. Like a day without a sun, like a
dream without a space, yeah
But what I'm trying to say is that you are the fire that's burning me inside. It's all right.

Refrain 2:
I'm drowning in you. Swirling deep in your pool.
I'm lost without a clue. I'm drowning in you.

Chorus 2:
Hey hear me out
Hey hear me out
There is no next time
Hey hear me out
I'm freezing like a fool. I'm drowning in you.

Chorus 3:
Hey hear me out
Hey hear me out
Hey hear me out
Hey hear me out

Chorus 4:
Hey hear me out
Hey hear me out
There is no next time
Hey hear me out
I'm lost but not a fool. I'm drowning in you.

Outro

Tags: drown 3:16 ok family computer breakaway from a breakaway group Gising Pa! music

p.s. this one's for her, the one who moves me, she who is one of a kind...

No comments:

Post a Comment